Our slogan is “Open Future”, representing a vision in which cultural production is participatory, horizontal, democratized. We run many projects in the field of art and culture according to a participatory approach, always involving different target groups of citizens as part of the working group from the very beginning and also involving European partners at different levels.
If you dont know well what is EVS please read here: https://mtv2019.wordpress.com/what-is-evs/
We want cultural operators, both existing and emerging, to take advantage of the many European models and trials of new approaches to audience development. They will help to re-connect cultural initiatives to potential target groups, establishing sustainable people-to-people relations.
Matera Links will also function as a bridge between permanent (residents) and “temporary” citizens (visitors).
Being awarded the title of European Capital of Culture in 2019, we foster cooperation at European Level incentivating cross-cultural residences programmes and cooperation among our cultural programme co-production partners and other cultural institutions/organizations all around Europe.
The role of the volunteers is strongly linked to the path of Matera 2019, to the projects, the exhibitions and the visit of the territory. In compliance with the definition of the volunteer indicated by the law: “The volunteer is the person who, by his free choice, carries out activities in favor of the community good … making available their own time and skills to promote responses to the needs of the people and communities benefiting from its action, in a personal, spontaneous and free manner, non-profit, for solidarity purpose”, all the activities contemplated in the Matera Volunteer Plan 2019 are not comparable to work. For this reason, a list of activities is drawn up.
Volunteers perform the following activities:
1. welcome and accompany the artists and participants in the projects, events and initiatives of Matera 2019;
2. welcome visiting schools for Matera 2019, telling their experiences;
3. participate in the reception of other delegations;
4. publicize events through leafleting or other promotional activities in the streets and city squares or dedicated places (eg train and bus stations);
5. tell and invite to participate in the events;
6. participate in the laboratories assisting the activities of citizens;
7. carry out runner activities for shows and concerts;
8. support the activities of checking and collecting documents together with an employee of the Foundation;
9. participate and promote activities aimed at citizens for Project Leader projects;
10. support with their participation citizens who make community projects;
11. participate in times of collective or dedicated buid-ups;
12. are part of the social media team that supports the communication of an event
13. inform and report the activities of Matera 2019 through the use of social network.
Status: NOT POSSIBLE ANY MORE TO HOST VOLUNTEERS
Selection criteria: good English, basic Italian, interest in EU topic and in cultural policies, flexibility. Applicants from EU ONLY (priority will be given to volunteers from other EU capitals of culture).
Application: candidates should apply through European Solidarity Corps portal OR sending an email with the ESC reference number, CV and motivation letter (in English or Italian) to: firstname.lastname@example.org